Terms of Service
Receiving Treatment at the Clinic
All patients are advised of the following information prior to treatment
- Tui Na massage
is performed fully clothed and requires a suitable form of clothing to be worn.
- The practitioner will inform you of this, or supply you with a suitable garment.
- Due to the production process of some garments the design can cause rubbing of the skin.
- Tui Na Massage is a deep tissue systems and require constant feedback from the patient in order to provide an effective treatment.
involves stretching and manipulation techniques which are performed to the
patient’s personal comfort; you must inform the practitioner when this threshold
has been reached.
- In chronic conditions some discomfort may be felt in the first stages of treatment.
- Should you experience any discomfort or acute sensations, you must inform the practitioner immediately.
- The requested information is necessary for your safety and to benefit your health. Your treatment will be safe and professional, but certain medical conditions may impose certain limitations.
- Acupuncture is a very safe procedure but can pose some reactions in patients.
- In some cases Acupuncture may produce a stinging or burning sensation, bruising may occur around the site of needling, there may be some discomfort for a short duration following Acupuncture or minor localized bleeding may also occur.
- Although these reactions are rarely experienced it must be noted that this possibility may arise.
- If you feel that you have suffered from any of the above following a treatment that is of concern to you and wish to discuss it, please contact your practitioner who will be able to discuss the matter with you.
Post Treatment Advice
An automated email is sent following the initial new patient consultation. The following advice is provided for patient comfort following treatment.
- Following your initial treatment and for the next 48-72 hours i advise that you take care and look after yourself so the body and mind can do its work to help improve your symptoms.
- Lifting heavy weights, overuse of the body, poor diet and excessive emotions can reduce the positive results we are aiming for. Be good to yourself and enjoy life for few days.
- Drinking plenty of water can help reduce any discomfort and also ease any emotional changes.
- Good foods like soups, broths, casseroles and fruits can also help move things along.
- Working together is the best way to start building great health and get the results you require, so please stay in touch, i am here to help.
- If you would like to discuss any thoughts or concerns you may have please call the clinic on 01453 826501
- If your symptoms have not improved to a satisfactory level within the next 4-5 days, I advise booking your next appointment within 7-10 days to achieve the desired results.
- If we have discussed a treatment plan during your consultation this will forwarded to you shortly.
Voicing Your Concerns
- At Stonehouse Holistic patient care and privacy is of the utmost importance. If you have any queries regarding your treatment experience please call the clinic in the first instance so we can assist you with your concerns.
- Our years of experience and high standards of patient care are here to help you in your recovery.
- The clinic can be contacted on 01453 828000
- We have a great support system in place should you need further help with your concerns. As a registered practitioner with the CNHC - Complementary Natural Health Council and the AcuC - Acutherapy Acupuncture Council, we are confident any matter will be dealt with professionally and personally.
- Appointments are pre-booked online via the clinic booking system.
- Only the times available can be assigned to a customer.
- Appointments are not offered without payment prior to attending the clinic, unless otherwise arranged with the practitioner.
- Patients under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian to be present at the initial consultation.
- We are primarily an Acupuncture clinic and physical therapy is provided in conjunction with Acupuncture. We do not provide singular session of massage.
- Appointments can be changed up until 24 hour prior to your booking time.
- This can be completed via the link that is sent with the initial booking conformation.
- You can only change your appointment for the same type.
- A 100% charge will be applied for late cancellations.
- Appointments can be cancelled by contacting the clinic up to 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Emails are not accepted for cancellations.
- A phone call or SMS/text message is preferred.
- A 50% charge will be applied for late cancellations.
- Each case will be looked at individually.
Appointment Refunds and Charges
- We are happy to refund any clinic appointments when notified within 24 hours of the allotted start time.
- An admin/booking fee of £2.50 will be deducted for refunded payments to cover the initial booking/payment fee and time taken to process the refunded money.
- Refunded payments take 5-10 days to reach customer bank accounts.
Events Refunds and Charges
- At present Stonehouse Holistic does not offer refunds for events.
- All event bookings are non-refundable.
Using the Website
- The booking platform/software is provided by Acuity. Stonehouse Holistic will not be held responsible for any problems related to the provision or operation of the software/system.